Summer Camp Boys and Girls Program
**EARLY BIRD SPECIAL: Host families who complete their application (including background check and house visit) by March 31, 2017 will receive $100 Amazon gift card upon completion of the program they are accepted in.**
EXPLORE JAPAN is a series of 2.5 week programs in Milton, MA where local students learn about the many facets of Japanese culture while hosting and spending time with visiting Japanese exchange students. In the morning, each program includes workshops on Japanese arts and crafts, cuisine, martial arts, language and a variety of interesting cultural exercises. In the afternoon, the Japanese students and local host students embark together on field trips and participate in fun activities. This fascinating exchange program is in its 23rd year!
Explore Japan welcomes girls and boys from all Eastern MA communities ages 8-18. Students learn in small groups (broken down by age) under the guidance of a Japanese expert and a student aide. In return for hosting a visiting Japanese student during the program, Explore Japan is FREE for the host family’s child! That is a two week program, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m., Monday – Friday, including admission and supervision on all afternoon field trips — for free! Each program has a limited number of spaces available, so feel free to sign up now.
Explore Japan is the closest thing to experiencing Japanese culture without actually traveling to Japan! SCHEDULE for 2017
|Location||Hosting Begins||First Day of Program||Final Day of Program||Hosting Ends|
|Pierce Middle School||Monday 7/24||Monday 7/24||Tuesday 8/8||Wednesday 8/9|
|Pierce Middle School||Thursday 7/27||Friday 7/28||Friday 8/11||Sunday 8/13|
July/August 2017 Homestay Program
Bring Japan to your home this July! Host two (2) Japanese students and receive $600.
DEADLINE OF APPLICATION: May 31, 2017
- Homestay starts on July 31 Monday and ends on August 7 Monday.
- Visiting Japanese high school students are ages 14-16 and will be attending various cultural exchange activities during the day from 8:00AM to 4:30PM.
- Host families should live within walking distance to a public transportation (preferably bus or subway, not commuter rail) (half a mile or less by walking). They can also be dropped off and picked up at the closest public transportation stop. Travel time from the house to downtown Boston by MBTA should be less than 1 hour during rush hour.
- Only families who have children that are girls and/or boys ages 14 and below are eligible to participate.
- Host families are expected to provide breakfast and dinner during the homestay duration.
- Host families will have opportunity to spend time with the visiting students during early mornings and evenings and the whole day of August 6 Sunday.